Friday, April 11, 2008

Time Flies

I called my brother Scott yesterday to wish him happy birthday. He turned 29, which means I will be 31 this year..... wow how time flies......We were talking about our kids, his 3 and my 3. He was saying how his youngest Evan (2) is in a transition stage from 1 nap to no naps. I was bragging about the twins still taking 2 naps a day. I realized it wont be long be for I am in the same situation. I better start making the best of my two naps......time flies......After talking to Scott on the phone I started thinking about my new baby niece (Lucy) who was born yesterday. What a precious opportunity we have to bring these children into the world and be parents. The 1st year with twins was so overwhelming and I wish I could go back and enjoy the small thing........make time.....because time flies.......

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I was just thinking about this very subject.... My "baby" is about to turn 10 years old and my "little boy" is taller than me and trying to convince me his "dirty lip" is a moustache that should stay. :) When I see pictures I miss them terribly as babies, but I look at them now and enjoy being with these kids who are growing into independent beings. Each chapter of their lives leaves one you miss, but also leaves you waiting to turn the page to see what will happen next.....
Love
Vickie

Dianna said...

I vote for Vickie to start a blog. Kenny has a "dirty lip"? My goodness, time does fly. I can't believe my little Clara is seven months already. It reminds me of what Elder Ballard talked about in conference last week: Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments.