Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Friday we went to the "big" Dayton Parade. It was just right....not to long only about 30 minutes (longer than last year) and J loved all the candy. After the parade President Turnbow and his wife stopped to say hi. Sister Turnbow said that her favorite part was before the parade even started when I was walking down the side of the road holding the hands of my twin boys. A lady from the newspaper even came up and asked if she could take a picture of the boys. What can I say...I have cute boys.

J has been wanting a Wii ever since Uncle Brandon got one. And now that Karen and Brandon are moved into there new house and not living at Grandma and Grandpa Sparrows he doesn't get enough Wii time. So a few weeks ago John and I were trying to help him think of ways he could earn money to buy a Wii. John suggested a yard sale, so we ran with the idea and on Saturday J made $70. We thought the twins were a good deal at 2 for $1 but there were no takers, so we kept them.
Saturday night we watched the cars cruize down Logan's Main Street. Grandma and Grandpa Mills came up in Grandpa's new car and Jaren came too. It was a hot evening but we all had a good time.
When the cars started to look very familiar Melissa pulled out the engagement picture for us all to look at on the laptop.
Now I want you to look at the guy in the Jeep shirt standing in the middle. For those of you that don't know that is my brother Scott. He just returned in October from his tour in Iraq. Scott is my hero. I know we are not suppose to be a proud people, but I am so proud of him. And I am proud to be an American. We are so bless to live in a free country that God preserved for us.

1 comment:

Tom and Audrie said...

Sounds like fun!!! Did I hear that Charlie is engaged???