Monday, October 6, 2008

Snowbird

It was my first time to Oktober Feast. John warned me a few days before that it is just a bunch of people getting drunk. There was a lot of that, but I loved the music. I took the chance to dance with each of my boys and even got John out on the dance floor. (:Someone please sign him up for dance lessons:)


J played musical chairs and had many sword fights with his cousin Camden using his balloon sword.
Between songs someone was giving away free tram tickets. I ran up and got them first. I must have been the only sober one that heard the offer.
So Sunday morning at 11:30, John, J and I headed up the hill. J had been worried about getting scared, when in fact I ended up being the one clenching to John's sweater. At the top it was not sweater weather at all. There was 1 foot of snow and it was still coming down. We trudged through the snow to the warming hut. 20 minutes later we headed back down the mountain. The clouds cleared and we could see the resort below.
James and Jakub's snow play consisted of playing on the deck of the condo.
It turned out the be a great weekend.

I love fall.
General Conference was inspiring. I truly believe the Lord knows and loves me. I am blessed.

5 comments:

Noble Fam said...

It was fun. It was a little comical being the only big group their not drunk. It just goes to show that you don't have to drink to have a good time.

The Polka Dot Apron said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun time! I LOVE the picture of the tree with the snow behind it! Your boys are all so darn cute!

Sterling said...

What!?!? We were up there on Sunday too! We used to go every year and stay at the condo. Now, going up and getting an overpriced bratwurst and walking around enjoying the fall colors, seems to be a tradition.

Yeah, seeing several guys walking around blurry eyed and clenching their stomachs and then seeing another one run over to the garbage can and puking out beer foam does not make a very persuasive case to start that past time any time soon.

Lara said...

Ho ho, that was fun! Thanks for putting up with us.

Anissa said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love your pictures. I love the fall too.