Sunday, March 22, 2009

slacker

I just returned from scrapbook weekend with my girlfriends in Heber. It was so much fun. I completed over 100 pages and finished out 2008. I have been making 3 books for two years now. My plan for 2009 is to switch from 81/2 x 11 binders to 12 x 12 books and just make one family scrapbook. I just had to tell myself that James and Jakub are never going to have as many personal scrapbooks as J. He was an only child for 5 years and that is just the way it is. I love to journal my thoughts and share pictures of my handsome boys in my scrapbooks. I consider them my way of preserving my family history. I don't go all out and spend hours on one page with the stickers and paper but I hope they are not to cheesy.
I will tell you the best part of being away at scrapbook weekend is spending 3 days looking at the faces of my boys in pictures and realizing how much I love them. I truly am very blessed.

3 comments:

Robin Sant said...

I am so JELOUS. How fun that would be. Where did you stay in Heber? Remember that is my hometown. I have been scrapbooking all weekend wishing I was at the scrapbook expo.

Brydie said...

I am so jelous. I can't believe you did that many pages that fast how fun. I am sad to say I am still working on Sept 2007, but I'm slowly working forward. You are amazing for doing all your kids books. I have only ever done a family scrapbook. I will tell you I made the change form 8x11's to 12x12's last year and I love it. I take too many pictures and I can fit so many more on a page now. It's hard to get used to new layouts but after alittle while you'll love it. We should exchange ideas sometime.

Keri said...

How fun! And great that your hubby stayed with the kids. I can't do the whole all out scrapbooking thing either. I had to limit myself and I did the dating/engagment/wedding for me and Austin, then Aidan's first year and now working on Madison's first year. If/when we have more kids it'll just be their first year too and then that's it. You'll love the 12x12 though. I did 8x11's in high school and this is SOOO much better. I almost want to scan all of those into my computer and then make a blurb blog/book out of them. LOL. Not enough time or money....