Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dino-Mite Party

Today was the big P-A-R-T-Y! The boys looked great in their new shirts. Happy Jakub and Silly James have been talking about the birthday party for weeks. After Brooklyn's Party last month they wanted a "Tinker Bell Birthday" I convinced them to go for Dinosaurs. Jakub has been on board but James changed his toon from Tinker Bell to Thomas. I was not going to have 2 themes (I know mean mom).
When the guests arrived we did the dino dance, colored and played stick the dino head on the fossil. Then it was time for cake, that is after all why the kids came to this party RIGHT? The cupcakes turned out cute. I made orange frosting put dinos on top. James and Jakub got 3 cupcakes each with a dino candle on each one.
After cake we watched dino eggs grow into dinosaurs and had a "Ten little Dinosaurs" story by John. Some kids listened and some just watched out the window.

During present time I tried to get pictures of the kids who gave James and Jakub the gifts. This proved to be almost impossible. This is probably the best one because Danelle helped pose the boys and I clicked fast.
Mostly the boys wanted to open and play with the presents not have their picture taken.

We had cute 5 girls at the party and 3 boys plus James and Jakub. We had the usual ups and downs as you would expect from ten 2 and 3 year olds.
The boys got some great gifts.
What is better than opening presents? Playing with the toys.
The boys had so much fun with all the gifts they got. John and Jay got in on the fun too.

Wow! I survived 3 years with twins. We have lived in 3 different states in their life. Never a dull moment in the home of the J Five! The Adventures Continue.....

I want to say a very special thank you to the moms that came with their kids today. This is our first birthday away from family and I have to admit I have really been struggling. My boys have never had a birthday party without Grandmas', Grandpas', Aunts', Uncles', and Cousins'. Today was a very special day, I felt supported and loved. THANKS!

4 comments:

April said...

The party was great Jen! I understand how you feel about not having the family around. My family has NEVER been to one of my kids bday parties. We just live too far away. We had fun!

Danelle said...

We had a blast too! I'm sure it must be hard living away from your family, but we're so so happy to have you in our ward family! I loved the dino theme!

Johnson Family said...

Jen I can't believe they are already 3! I have enjoyed seeing them through your blog. Happy Birthday!
Rikki

The Polka Dot Apron said...

What a big adventure! They are such cuties! Kolton's first birthday was a dinosaur one too...why didn't I think of pin the dinosaur head on the fossil??! You are too cute