Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Fun

Christmas Eve we invited my parents to come over for dinner. I made ham, squash, corn, rolls, and mom brought the cheesy potatoes. After dinner the boys played Christmas bingo while mom and I cleaned up. Then J played the piano for us. J, James and Jakub opened their jammies, and a Christmas adventure book that Santa had sent them in the mail. We started at 6 and by 8 they boys were in bed sleeping. When John and I went in to check on J he was laying sideways, we moved his head to the pillow and he said, "these jammies make me run faster."
Our Christmas Miracle was the boys sleeping until 7:30, they are usually all up by 6:00. I made breakfast cake, we opened presents and watched the snow fall. John surprised me with a new set of scriptures. He wrote his testimony inside. What a good husband. We were planning to head for Clinton at 10 but we decided to wait until 2. The boys have all been sick but it wasn't going to stop of plans just slow them down.

Ofter 2 hours in the car we made it to Grandma and Grandpa Mills'. Again we had present time. James and Jakub got the Little People Nativity, outfits, and books. J got 2 Wii games, an outfit and books.
On Friday Jaren and Sarah came over and we gave them our gift. I made them a levi quilt. It was made with blood, sweat, and tears, but mostly love.

Jakub loved playing in the box. But the funniest part of this picture is James hair.

On Saturday it took us 2 1/2 hours to get home. It was a fun filled holiday. I am grateful for this time of year to reflect on traditions and Jesus Christ. I am truly blessed to know he is my Savior.

3 comments:

Ungerman Family said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas. I sure love you guys, and hope to see you soon in the New Year.

Jaren and Sarah said...

Jen, thank-you for that quilt!! We LOVE it!! :)

The Polka Dot Apron said...

I love the picture of James's hair- It took me a while to get over it! Don't you love it when stuff like that happens?! I am glad you guys had a good Christmas. We went to Billye's this year (we have done it for about 5 years now) for pie and games and it made me think of us going to your house every year when we were little and snowmobiling. Good memories!! Have a fun New Year!