Sunday, December 14, 2008

Little Star/Gingerbread/FHE/Birthday

The Little Star Party is a family tradition for the Mills Family. John's Grandma Mills brings a small rapped gift for everyone. Everytime you hear the word star in the story you pass the present to the left. Whatever gift you have after the last "Star" is yours.
James and Jakub love hanging out with their uncles Bin and Jaren. Our 2nd activity was the gingerbread house decorating. Here you see Megan and Tanner working on the Noble house.
Then it was upstairs to reenact the nativity. Luke (Grandpa) told the story of Christ's Birth. In the stable you see Joseph (J), Mary (Rylie), and Baby Jesus (Wyatt). The Angel (James) with his heavenly host (Jakub) visited the shepherds (Tanner, Camden, and Caleb). Later 3 wise men (John, Bin and Jaren) came with gifts.
After FHE we sang Happy Birthday to Lara and ate Chocolate Cake with Peppermint Icecream.
Because we will not all be at Mom and Dad's during the same time on Christmas day we surprised them with a gift from all of us.

3 comments:

Gayla said...

Busy busy! What a very fun filled day. It was a great party and very fun to see family. J was pretty cute, he told us he was magic and showed us a magic trick and then told us he really wasn't magic and showed us how it worked. very honest and cute, made me laugh.

Keri said...

So fun, I should've brought my camera. :(

Melissa said...

I loved seeing everyone at Little star! And I love that picture of your nativity and that hamper/basket for the manger made me laugh! I loved doing that when I was a kid!