Friday, June 4, 2010

Big Birthday

I went to Walmart for the 3rd time in 7 days and because I didn't want to have to go back for a 4th time I picked up the site to store package that came in. I left it in the van for one whole day then I couldn't take it any more. So we gave J his first birthday gift a few days early. He was not super excited like I was. I think he will really like to ride his bike once he gets the hang of it. We have been out a few times this week but he is just not catching on. He is so nervous.
He got his card from Grandma S so we went to Walmart again. See I did end up there 4 times in 8 days. J picked out a scooter and a few other things with his money. I thought well maybe the scooter will help with the balance. We will just have to wait and see I guess.
J was very excited to make his own birthday cupcakes. He measured and put in all the ingredients.
Then the best part....he licked the bowl.
When dad got home from work the first thing he wanted was to open presents. He got a scout handbook.
And super Mario Galaxy 2. Boy this kids is spoiled.
And what should appear in the mail but another Grandma card. And guess what came in the card..... a gift card for WALMART.
Then it was dinner time. Guess what my boy wanted for birthday dinner. Dad's mashed potatoes and mom's brown gravy. So I opened the lid to the crockpot that had be cooking a wonderful roast, and we ate.
Dinner time is happy time.Happy Birthday To My Boy!

3 comments:

April said...

Happy birthday! What fun grandmas who send money. My girls always get junk from my mom and something too babyish from Davids mom. I wish they would just send money.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe our little boys are turning 8. The scooter sure helped Hatch out with his balance. Good luck on the bike riding front!

Danelle said...

Oh dear, scouts! It hadn't occured to me that scouts will be in store for us next year. Eli (and Liam) had a blast at the party today! Thanks so much for thinking of us.